Thursday, November 17, 2005

Comments for the week.

I cannot begin to describe the week I have had. I have been cranky and work has just piled on other things - little frustrations, that are made more complex by others sometimes, but usually made more complex because I am in a training class and my availability for other things isn't what it should be.

Anyway, I won't bitch about that. I know everyone has their own lives and their own problems so.... I will talk about other things.

Like sports - T.O. is an ass.

College basketball is starting, which is good, but I will probably only pay attention to WV until the beginning of 2006. Geez, that's right around the corner.

And entertainment - Matthew McConaughey is sexy... "People" says so.

Ok. Every year the Sports Illustrated swim suit issue comes out. And every year I hear about how the swim suit issue objectifies women, and shows women as objects of desire. Every year, People Magazine puts out the "Sexiest Man Alive" and you don't hear word one about how it objectifies men. What's the difference, really? SI shows women in swimsuits. In 'People' the men aren't in swimsuits, but they are in unbuttoned shirts or shirtless altogether, mostly. Or they are in designer suits to make them look really good. Where's the outrage? There are plenty of double-standards in this world, and I don't agree with any of them. But this one is so public. But the 'Sexiest Man Alive' is talked about freely and openly without recourse and the swimsuit issue is denounced and protested. I'm not calling for protests or anything - I just want to know what is the difference? Why is it okay on one side and not the other?

The new Harry Potter movie comes out tomorrow. The only thing stopping me from going on the first night would be the hordes of ankle-biters. But - I am thinking hard about a late night showing... my poor wife. I play video games, like Harry Potter, sports, and cartoons.... she married a 9 year old.

But not literally of course. She couldn't do that - unless we lived in Georgia, apparently. Funny how some laws are just ignored and forgotten until something like that happens.

I think I saw a Simpson's episode like that once. Where they found our Springfield was still under prohibition... and violation of that was a catapulting... but I digress.

Politics - Cheney is angry that Democrats say they were misled. George Bush is in Asia... I hope he doesn't dip into his soup like daddy. I don't know if what they are saying is true or not, but it seems like they are trying to deny things incessantly to make it true... kinda like the song "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy. If you proclaim it enough, maybe people will start to believe it.

And those are my comments for the week.

No comments: