
Ok. Not really. I have heard this a couple of times this morning; that Boise St. winning would help kick start the revamping of the college football post season. It's just not true though.
It was a great game. No doubt. I will talk about it all day today "did you see?" This game epitomizes what I love about college football.
But let's not over estimate its importance. It proved that Boise State could play with the likes of a BCS team this year. Year-in and year-out, it is not always the case. I would wager that you would have 1 or 2 teams from a mid-major a year that could be this competetive against anyone in the country, but the vast majority of mid-major teams simply cannot.
Then we talk about a playoff - now I don't know about you, but BSU doesn't seem like a team that could string together 3-4 wins against BCS schools. They were up emotionally for this game, played it damn near perfect, and at the end - were getting a little tired (even Peterson mad a comment about how easily Oklahoma scored in OT as a basis of the 2 point decision). I am just not sure they could put together a string of performances like that. Maybe I am completely wrong.
As it stands, though, BSU has a huge win for their program - and the benefit of having the stigma that they were robbed out of an NC game. Because who knows what would have happened if they played OSU. Sometimes that unknown plays into the favor of the would-be underdog.
No comments:
Post a Comment