It has been only 1 full day since the match up of the Ravens/Colts was set. And I am already sick of the New Baltimore vs. Old Baltimore angle. People are talking about revenge... revenge!? People are saying that the Ravens HAVE to win this one. I swear I saw a reporter on the news this morning talking about how the Ravens need to win this game, and she was ALMOST IN TEARS.
I was rooting for her to cry though. I felt like the bully in 'A Christmas Story' saying "what are you gonna do? Cry? Go on? Waaaaa." Let's forget the part where that bully get's the crap kicked out of him by Ralphie. I guess that would be the basis of my prediction on this game. Baltimore wins because of 'A Christmas Story.' I digress.
People are talking about taking Mayflower moving vans to the game and tailgating in them (which, actually, I like that idea - kind of funny) they have shirts that sold out in the city in a day saying "Beat Indy" with Johnny Unitas on them, and 'Unitas' on the back with #19. Do these people know that these shirts are pretty much good for 1 week (I know they can wear them whenever, but the relevance is lost).
And do these fans forget how they got their "new" Baltimore team? That's right, they took them from Cleveland. When they did it, they called it karma, the called it justice - I call it hypocrisy to spew the venom about the Colts, and neglect the origin of their own team that they took from Cleveland. I mean how twisted is that? It's like cheating on your wife, and then have the audacity to get mad at her when you catch her in bed with the mailman (licking her stamps[?])
Friday is city-wide "Purple Day." 1) I don't own one piece of purple clothing 2) I am not a Ravens fan (actually, since moving over here 3 years ago, I have grown from indifference to not liking the fan base - the team, I think is good). So naturally, I have had to a) Design a flyer to put up all around work in promotion of Purple Day and b) be chastized because I don't want to participate in it. Look, I don't care if you love your team. That's cool. But please, don't rub your team in my face. Just because I live here doesn't mean I am a fan.
And, by the way. The word 'purple' is one of those words that is annoying and stupid the more you say it. Am I right? Try it. Purple. Purrrrple. Purple. Puuuuuuuuuuuurple. Purpley Purpley Poo.
The worst part of all of this is that I have 4 more days of this (not counting today). I'm not sure I will be able to make it without drinking heavily... so that's the silver lining.
Thanks for listening.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment