The other night, we went to Tony Romas.
Mid-meal who should walk in but the owner of the company that I despised working at. I was only there 5 months. I hated working there. Absolutely hated it. The sad part was it was that job that brought us to Baltimore. It was the best diet I ever went on. I lost 20 - 25 pounds easily, simply from the stress of working there. One time he got in my face and called me a f'ing idiot.
I won't name the company because I don't want to give free advertising, but it sells computers to those who can't get credit. The "rent-a-center" market. I didn't agree with the ethics, because there wasn't any. Few of the customers that signed with us actually received a system. The system that they were to receive was a fraction of the cost they actually paid. It was atrocious. I felt like I was constantly walking on eggshells. This guy was sooo moody. In short, he was an ass.
This was the first time I have seen him since I quit over a year ago. I hope and pray that he thought that I would have turned tail and run back to WV because big, bad, Baltimore frightened me away. But there I was - more successful now that I was at his crappy shell of a call center. He didn't know the first thing about running one. And now, I am better than ever.
He entered the place, and I looked at him - he looked at me... with his beady little eyes, and that was it. I laughed and had a great dinner. He looked over occasionally. That's what made me think that it got to him. Obviously, my leave was not amicable.
It's entirely possible he barely remembered me. It's possible he didn't give me a second thought. It's possible that he couldn't care less. Regardless, sitting there, I felt better. I was successful. I am successful. In spite of him. And that was the best revenge.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Although I had already heard this story, I read your blog. One of my friends told me a few years ago that "living well is the best revenge." I think this applies to you also.
Post a Comment