Whew...
This week imagine our shock and surprise as we were laying around one evening and the 11:00 news came on (That part's not shocking). We were watching how a Bridal Shop was closing (their supplier is filing for bankruptcy) and women who not only ordered bridal gowns, but also brides maids dresses were not getting their dresses, and - oh yeah - they were not getting their money back. This was the very same bridal shop that Rach got her dress, her brides maids dresses and we rented our tuxes.
Martin's Bridal (or rather DBS) seemingly just handed some women any ol' dress they had. If a woman placed an order they were sent a 'comparable' dress - and did nothing about the bridesmaids dresses. Funny, you'd think that being in the bridal business, that they would know that to a woman - another dress is not 'comparable.' But, they are going bankrupt so maybe it's not that surprising.
I felt sorry for these poor women who got screwed over (read more about it in these links:
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/4717691/detail.html
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/money/4715005/detail.html
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/money/4720099/detail.html
At the same time, I felt fortunate that this wasn't happening to us, when it could have.
Rach was just talking about how she was going to go down there with pictures to show the woman who helped he most with the dress, I guess she won't be making that trip now.
I guess this is just more proof that timing is everything.
Saturday, July 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment