No matter how hard I try.... there are days when small things just irk me. Well, maybe not so much irk. They actually make me angry. And I know I am waaaay overreacting, but I hear a murmur of some people who think they are almighty and knowledgeable talking about something as small as a video game or movie or something, and all I can think about is punching that person in the face. I think it's because of the aura of superiority that they think they have. That I wold like nothing more that just hurting them. Interesting, huh?
I don't know why I have some days that I am flat-out irritable. I know I am very unpleasant when this happens. But on some level - I don't care.
Today is one of those. But it started out bad, and didn't get worse... so I think that's actually pretty good. I mean, usually by the time I get home I am wound sooo tightlly that I want to put my head through a wall. But today, since it didn't get worse (yet), I will probably be okay.
For some reason, today I was thinking about the proper etiquette when 2 (straight) guys go to a movie theater. I mean, in the Men's Room - it is customary to leave an open stall in between you and another guy... especially if there are no dividers. If 2 guys go to a restaurant, generally you sit diagonally from each other (if at a table). You don't sit directly across from each other if you can avoid it, and by no means do you sit beside each other - I hate it when couples even do that.
So the movie theater thing isn't something I have run into very much anyway. I don't think I have seen a movie with just one other male in over 5 years and even then it was probably with my younger brother. Anyway, I imagine that if 2 guys go to a movie, that you may leave a seat in between. But if a group goes, then you can't do that because you would take up too much of the row. But at the same time, with the arm rests and everything, I can't see it being entirely wrong if there is not a seat left in between.
I don't know why I thought about that.
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
& you tell me to calm down?
Post a Comment