Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas.
How dare stores not use "Christmas?" How dare they? Who do they think they are trying to be non-offensive and all inclusive? Do they think that by doing this customers will continue shopping there?
Well they have another thing coming. I want people to be told "Merry Christmas" dammit. I don't care if they are not Christian! I mean Christmas is the celebration - deep rooted, and evolved from Greek mythology - to symbolize the birth of our Lord and Savior. And even if you don't believe that Jesus died for you - then you just needed him to die for you more than me, because I believe, and I will force him upon you.
Because that's what Jesus would have done. He wouldn't walk around village to village trying to teach and educate those who wanted to listen - he would have posted a big sign up somewhere that was so big, that you were compelled to buy into it. Right?
Jesus definitely would have wanted all the glory of this day. He would want to be exalted higher than any other holiday that may be occurring around the same time. He wouldn't want anybody to "love thy neighbor" if they were somehow different - or believed different things.
So as a note to everyone: reschedule your holidays, or become Christian. I think that sounds pretty reasonable, right?
Yeah, me neither. Sadly enough there are people out there like this. It's a shame that some people are more concerned with the word "Christmas" than the spirit.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment