Friday, January 14, 2005

Age is a high price to pay for maturity...

Sometimes I come across things that simply make little to no sense. I don't know if it's because I overthink things or if I am just weird. Here are some items I have thought about recently.

- Theres an Airline Commercial where a guy puts on all of his cloths to avoid packing. - Why it doesn't make sense: After a couple layers, the size of the cloths HAVE to get larger because of all the cloths underneath.  Which means he can't wear those clothes anyway, they would be to big.  So why take them at all? He would just be wearing extremely large clothing...

-iPod Shuffle  - Apple just introduced a tiny iPod called iPod shuffle.  On the web page it has the iPod Shuffle beside a couple packs of gum to show how small it is.  Underneath, the caption reads "Smaller than a Pack of Gum, but much more fun (2)"  The footnote it refers to says "Do not eat iPod Shuffle."  Why would this be needed?  Not only is it sad commentary about society that Apple felt the need to include such a disclaimer, but someone with the intelligence to navigate the web page the disclaimer is on - should know not to eat it.

-On the News yesterday, the U.S. modified its "Dietary Guidelines." And made some changes to the good 'old Food Pyramid.  The "teaser" on the news said "Bad news for couch potatoes as changes are made on what you should be eating."  This doesn't make sense.  Simply because Couch Potatoes don't give a crap about what they're eating anyway!  Do you really think someone is sitting there with Potato Chips, dipping it in cake icing and will go "oh, I shouldn't be eating this?!?  Why didn't anyone TELL me?!?"

-While I'm on the subject of weight loss... Every diet pill out there says you have to take it in conjunction with a eating right and exercise... if I did that, I wouldn't need the freaking pill.

-Odd stamps – one thing I abhor about stamp machines is you do not get change. Instead, if you put in $.40 then you get a regular stamp and a $.03 stamp. What good is that? They also have $.01 stamps. They might as well make the regular stamps $.40. Because nobody does anything with those piddly extra stamps. I take them home and put them in a drawer. I am just biding my time and waiting for the day that I accumulate enough of those babies to put them on an envelope…. That’ll show them, all the addresses will be covered by $.03 stamps… not the stickers. The $.03 stamps are ones you lick… so it’ll be slobbery too.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must be a regional thing..every stamp machine I've ever used gives change, but I'm completely annoyed by the one dollar coins they give as change. I know it's irrational, but I'd rather get four quarters.