Saturday, January 22, 2005

The First Snow Storm of the Year!!!

If you are anywhere on the east coast, You know it's snowing. If you are anywhere else, you probably know too. The firs big snow storm of the year... anywhere from 1 - 18 inches! That's what a local weatherman said. With that kind of range - I guess he increases his chances of being right. I don't get the prediction, that's like telling someone they are going to make between $100 - $90,000.

Anyway, when it's snowing around here - it's best to stay inside. Not because of the slick roads, but because of the drivers. Whatever the adverse weather element (rain, sleet, snow, etc.) the people around here overreact to it and act like they have never experienced it before ("What is this cold, white, fluffy substance falling from the sky? I must drive )." So I think we'll just stay in and keep by the fire.

It's interesting to me how a little snow can make people overreact. Last night Rachael went to the grocery store and said it was a mad house. You'd think we were getting 6 feet of snow and will be trapped for weeks. In actuality, it's probably more like a day - perhaps 2. But full panic mode is in effect when people hear "snow." Right now, on TV, is a local news special snow broadcast. "This just in - it's snowing." They have reporters all over the state - county per county showing breaking footage of snow. I can look over my left shoulder, out the window and see the same thing.

The only good thing about it, is I get entertained by people freaking out from the comfort of my home.

No comments: