Is Tucker Carlson and Paul Simon (not the singer) the only people left wearing bow ties? Are they waiting for them to 'come back' like the flipped up collar and Care Bears? Does anyone remember when they were in style last?
Yay football is back! I live in Baltimore. I am not a Ravens fan. I seem to always have to say that. Anyway, I watched the Ravens game the other day and their Quarterback got injured. Apparently the crowd cheered when that happened. I have listened to Baltimore chastise this quarterback (a 24 year old kid) for not coming through. He has had poor (or below average) completion percentages in the past (50% - 55%). But he left this game with 65% completion. He drove his team into scoring position 3 times to have the kicker miss all three field goal attempts. So I have been frustrated because the city has really not given this kid a chance, and now they cheer him getting injured.
A couple people told me today that the city is upset because the head coach has backed him all the way - singing the praises of 'potential,' and 'you just wait and see' type of attitude. So he has the city on the edge of its seats saying "any minute now.... wait for it...." The sad thing is the QB (Kyle Boller) will never be able to win over these fans.
So it seems to me as if the coach is Linus touting the Great Pumpkin and its impending arrival. The city is Sally who stays in the pumpkin patch with Linus all night waiting, and waiting. Boller is Snoopy - who shows up at the pumpkin patch to incur the rant of Sally.
I went a long way for that analogy - but I think it works.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment