Friday, September 16, 2005

On Top the Cage

I consider myself a decent person overall. I go to work and work hard. I love and care for my wife. I love and care for my family. I don't commit crimes. I live my life quietly and don't really bother anybody. I think I am happy most of the time. I feel like I am fairly giving as a person.

But sometimes, by doing these things, I somehow anger some people. I'm not sure how, but it happens, because I never intend it. People take things the wrong way, or too personally, then I become a target. I guess I'm an easy one. I mean, I guess it's easy to take my simple lifestyle and mistake it for apathy. I don't say much, so that must mean I don't care to some people. I don't get too riled up about negative things and I don't get too excited about positive things - and people mistake that for being emotionless. I just roll with what life hands me and adapt accordingly. That is just the way I am.

So when I am made a target and challenged - it brings out the competitive side. I go from quiet and non-assuming to almost fierce. Unfortunately, I have to control that too - to a degree. I make mistakes like everyone else in life - but like everyone who makes mistakes - decisions are made with information available at the time. Sometimes they end up being the wrong decision. But I always, always, have justification for why I made the decision I made. I can produce a laundry list of evidence of support for making a decision. It doesn't make it right, but it does justify it and defend it.

It's not wise to challenge me, in general. I have lost my fair share of 'challenges' but I have won my fair share too. The bad thing is, it always comes out nasty. I don't care if I win, but if you hurt me and/oor my wife - I will come at you hard with guns a-blazin'.

Just because I am quiet doesn't mean I can be walked on and over. Haven't you heard? It's the quiet ones you have to worry about.

No comments: