Thursday, January 12, 2006

One MILLION Dollars

After I see a commercial a number of times, for some reason I start to notice things about the plausibility and reality of it. My latest victim is Wendy's. The have a commercial out saying that their $.99 menu will change your thinking about a dollar. It has a girl babysitting saying that she makes "6 Jr. Bacon Cheesburgers and hour" and someone equating a dollar to a small frosty.

It ends with a guy telling a woman "You look like a million chicken nuggets," meaning she looks like $1,000,000. But in my thinking, I know that there are actually 5 nuggets in their order of $.99 Chicken Nuggets. So they guy isn't actually saying she looks like $1,000,000, but rather $198,000 ($.99 * $1,000,000/ 5).

So next time your significant other says "Baby, how do I look?" Answer with a hardy "$198,000." See how he/she reacts - according to Wendy's there's no higher compliment (unless you dare to say to her/him "you look like a million Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers." But if you say that... duck.)

2 comments:

Z said...

the weirdest thing ever, I was thinking that same thing 2 days ago. I think you stole my brainwaves or something.

jilcee said...

i have been know to think in terms of the price of frostys. chicken nuggets, that's just weird!