Rach and I went shopping this past weekend for Christmas. Here are a few things I saw, and learned...
I have a welcoming persona? Waiting for Rach outside of the restroom, this guy starts talking to me out of the blue. I didn't say anything, or even look at him - but somehow he thought that I would be one to want to hear his bad jokes and cliches of how long women take in the restroom.
Don't 'come back for it.' If you see something you are thinking about getting. Get it. If you think you will come back for it, it will not be there when you go back... trust me on this.
People should walk like they drive. When walking, walk on the right side - if you don't you will f*ck everything up, and I will hate you. (Merry Christmas) And whatever you do, DO NOT STOP if you are in 'traffic.' If you need to stop for any reason, move over on the "shoulder" or into the "median." It's not rocket surgery.
"Ass't Manager" title doesn't equal maturity. We were in a store, standing at a counter ready to check out. The Assistant Manager was right in front of us. And she (instead of ringing us up) talked on her cell phone, text messaged someone, looked for some phone number in a rol-a-dex, told us how hungry she was - bitched about, or to someone and THEN rang us up... thanks, lady.
"The Laziest Video Game" - We walked past the arcade (which was piddly and small) and there was one game that caught my eye. It was a roller coaster simulation. As far as I could tell, you get in the "car" put in your money, and the screen in front of you shows a first-person view of riding on a roller coaster as the seat tilts to simulate the directions... sounds pretty boring to me.
‘Holiday Cheer’ can be practiced - When I was in high school, Adam and I would go Christmas shopping on the 22nd or 23rd of December. When we went, we would make it a point to try to make cashier's laugh, or have a moment of relaxation in all the bustle of people demanding things of them every second. This has spilled over to my adult life. Simply from practice. First, it makes Rach laugh, it makes cashiers laugh, and it makes it much easier to deal with all the cranky shoppers.
Park far away. It's a little further to walk, but there is something to be said for not being frustrated from looking for a parking space and in that mind set before you even exit your car.
tz
No comments:
Post a Comment