Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sweet Home, West Virginia!



A bullet was dodged on Friday. Rich Rodriguez decided to remain coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers. I can now have my life back.

On Tuesday - Coach Rod met with Mal Moore in NY. This piqued my interest, and I hoped nothing would come of it. I tried to dismiss it as nothing. When it was reported that they met - I was hoping it was out of courtesy. But if it wasn't I wasn't going to get too invested in this because it was just a coaching decision. Nothing life altering, really. What happens, happens.

On Wednesday - Nothing. Not much news on Wed. But that's cool... whatever happens, happens.

Thursday - Contract offered to Rodriguez. Um... whatever happens... well let me hop on the WVU message boards and see what's going on. Hmmm. Rod is in Florida... he's not saying anything. I will just pop on here once in a while and see if there was anything new. It turns out that "once in a while" was actually refreshing the message boards whenever I had a chance, and posting my support for Coach Rod, every once in a while. Okay, it also included looking at a link that tracked an Alabama privite jet that was headed to Louisianna, and perhaps Florida after that. That never transpired. Oh an after work, I might as well keep my eye on it while I edit the podcast. OH NO! The Birningham paper is reporting it's a done-deal. No one outside of Alabama reporting that though. News that WV will try to counter-offer. Coach Rod is not in WV,,,,

Friday - Completely consumed. News to come by 3. Keep an eye on the message boards to see how the meetings between WVU Administration and Coach Rod are coming. The WVU message boards are flooded with Alabama fans that are bragging about stealing our coach. I am IMing my friend in WV to see what he is hearing on the radio. I can't go eat lunch because I don't want to be away from the constant stream of speculation that long.

3:00pm - News comes that he is staying! I am excited, I text message Adam (who inquired a bit earlier if I had heard anything) and remin on the message boards to revel in the aftermath.

Whew - what a week. But, you know, I was cool all the time. Whatever happens, happens... and I tried to watch all the happenings.

No comments: