Thursday, September 22, 2005

I wonder.....

what a week. i have worked late every night. I am tired. I am cranky. I need a little lift in my disposition.

Here's one thing I always wondered - let's say it's a Tuesday. You have to work from 9:00 - 6:00. Would you rather a) have it be a sun shiny day and have to be working inside all day missing it or b) would you rather it be a rainy day and think "I'm glad it's not my day off"?

Here's something else - there is one gas station within a mile from the office - right on the way to the I-83 (which I take to get home). Any other gas station is out of my way and easily extends my travel time by 20 min - 30 min. The nearby gas station closes anywhere between 5:30 - 6:00. And it's not the same time daily. So even on days I get out of work on time, if I need gas, I usually have to drive around a lot. It has been a large number of years since I have seen a gas station close so early. And, "no" they don't have the Pay-at-the-pump machines, so you have to pay inside. So it's not like they close the Convenience Store (an Oxy Moron in this case) and can leave the pumps on. I wonder if that place makes money...

Nice thing of the day. In a training class today - someone mentioned it was his birthday. Another guy - who didn't know this guy prior to class - went out and bought cupcakes to celebrate the birthday, and had enough for everyone. That was a really cool gesture.

What's today?

My patience IS thin....

1 comment:

jilcee said...

I wonder . . . knowing this, why not get gas the night before or on the way to work?