One thing I forgot to mention was the Continental Breakfast card. We get a card, to fill out what we want for a Continental Breakfast, and when we want it. We put in on the door and then the next day, it comes to our room (we could also have a full buffet breakfast if we went to the patio). We opted for the in-room Continental Breakfast for the first day.
After the breakfast on the patio, we ventured out. We just really wanted to walk around a bit and look at everything in daylight. First it was to the fron of the resort where the garden is. We came across a gated area that housed birds. It had a male and female peacock, hens, a rooster, a couple parrots, and, I think, doves... well they were white birds anyway. Rach went in, I decided that I was better off on the outside. Birds can be a little scary to me.
We then went through the lobby out toward the beach and stopped at the bar. The sounds of reggae music - specifically Bob Marley - hung in the air. Rach kept commenting on how she couldn't believe we were there. The sand was white, the water was blue. We took a lot of pictures on day 1. Off the ocean out a little ways, Couples had an island specifically for nude bathing. We dubbed it Nakki island. It looked like it would be a cool place to hang out - except for the whole naked thing.
What we liked about the place was that it was designed for couples (hence the name I guess). More to the point there were no kids running around - no full fledged families. Don't get me wrong, we like kids and everything, it's just not something we wanted to deal with on our honeymoon. There were a couple basket chairs designed for two. We laid in one that was by the ocean for a while.
After that it was off to the bar again. Oddly enough, the music had changed from reggae to Michael Jackson - or the Jackson Five. It was definitely some sort of Michael Jackson compilation album. Freaky.
If you ordered "beer" you automatically got a Red Stripe. You had to specifically order anything other than that. The workers were quite accommodating. Very nice, and polite. One smart thing I noticed as well was that the central bar had no stools or seating. Very smart because that meant people didn't hang out there crowding the bar. Sweet.
What time is it? Who cares?
I guess it was about lunch time since the buffet was set up.
I think that they think the only thing Americans and other tourists know about Jamaica is Bob Marley. I could never tell if the people who worked there ever got sick of listening to Bob Marley. I would think they would. I think it's akin to going to Graceland and hearing nothing but Elvis.
On the patio is where the buffet was. It was all open, which was cool because you could feel the breeze, but it was bad because a group or birds seemed to hang out and steal food off of unattended plates. They really weren't all that bothersome. We sat at lunch and just kind of basked in the past few days. At this point everything was still a little surreal. But it was starting to all sink in.
Looking around, we saw various people. This would be the same people that we would see for the next few days - though we didn't realize it just yet. They were all on their respective vacations, anniversary trips, honeymoons... We wouldn't get to know any of them. We are that type really. Later on, we would start to develop our own stories about them.
What time is it? Eh, no matter.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment