Monday, June 06, 2005

Wedding Journal Entries

Ok, I am absolutely double-posting. I am doing the same journal for this site and for the wedding site. But, I am hoping to add one about everyday, so hopefully it will do. The following will chronical the day before, the day of the wedding, and some parts of the honeymoon.

So such to say about the last few days... amazing. Simply amazing.

05-26-05
Wedding Eve... I guess. Let me think a minute it seems so long ago... okay... The morning started off way early for me. 5:00am or so. I woke up to get ready for golf. Me, Dan, Vinnie, Glen, Ryan, Adam, and my dad we going golfing for the second day in a row.

Rach was going to pick up her dress, but first she had to wait for something very important.... her Birth Certificate. A couple days before we had looked for it, and could not find it. Since it was a document needed to go to Jamaica, we ordered one from Charleston, WV - and had it over-nighted. We called on Tuesday, but it wasn't processed until Wednesday, and was to be there before noon on Thursday.

Anyway, I got up and headed to meet my friends at the Hilton at 6:00. I actually made it close to on time. I suggested a McDonald's breakfast would be wonderful, and they agreed. So with a quick stop to the Golden Arches, we were on our way to the course.

We met Adam, Ryan and my dad there. It was early, but there were still a few people on the course. Quite a bit for a Thursday, if you ask me. We had 2 foursomes, and teed off.

During the week of the wedding, I kept my cell phone on, and used it more that I have since I got the thing. If I had seen me on the golf course, I would have been annoyed and maybe made jokes. I have always had a certain distaste for those who seem to use their cell phones non-stop with no regard for environment or company... but there I was with it on, in case there was some emergency. Mainly I was waiting for Rach to call to say the Birth Certificate had arrived. I had put off packing for Jamaica as to not jinx anything. She called around the 13th hole, and we were good to go - it had arrived.

So at that point I turned off the phone and I was back to some normalcy. I played surprisingly well... there were a few holes on the back 9 that I struggled on, but my Dad and I beat Adam and Ryan - and that was the most important thing. After golf we had a quick bite, and everyone pulled out their cell phones, to coordinate when to get to the rehearsal. I would have been sick if I had seen us as an uninterested third party.

It was good I called, because at that point I discovered that my mom had told a few people that the rehearsal was at 4:00 when it was at 3:00. For a brief moment she attempted to blame me - saying that I told her it was at 4:00. Under normal circumstances, I may have been inclined to believe her - but there was no way I had gotten the time wrong here. I made that clear, and we moved on - because now there we some out there that thought it was at 4:00. Luckily I had all my groomsmen with me - so they were straight. I gave Rachael a quick call, and discovered that none of the bridesmaids would make it to the rehearsal so... I guess they were covered. I was certain that the Reverend knew the right time. That's pretty much all you need there, right? I meant, who was my mom telling the wrong time to? Brooks. That's pretty much it. She told Adam too, but I got that straightened out (actually when I was talking to everyone, it was Adam who told me that I should call mom and tell her about the time).

We had just a little time, so we parted ways, temporarily, to shower.

I called Rach on my way home and she was going to head to the dress shop to pick up her dress. At this point she could only hope and cross her fingers that it was complete. Somewhere along the line she ran into Nute and Dom. I'm not sure when and how that happened, but I really didn't have time to ask. They were unloading some music equipment and stuff to practice later.

I got home and hopped in the shower. I cleaned up and threw on some clothes. Before Rachael could get back, I got a call from Adam. He was at the Cloisters a little early, and the gates were closed. Damn. I gave Adam a phone number to call, finished getting ready and headed out. I would have to meet Rach at the rehearsal.

On the way, Adam called and let me know that they got in. Crisis averted.

When I got there, most people were there - except the Reverend... and a few others. We had to be out by 4:00, but the rehearsal shouldn't take long, so I hung out a little and talked with family and friends. The Reverend called saying he was going to be a bit late...

When he got there, I had to take control. We had to get through and get places. Which we did with little problem. With no bridesmaids, it went quickly. We were pretty confident in their ability to process on their own. During the post rehearsal discussion the convoy to the bridal shop was scrapped in favor of having one person (Adam) go and grab the the tuxes. Adam really came through here because he knew where to go and it would reduce confusion. This meant we had a couple hours before the dinner.

Nute wanted to practice a bit before the dinner, but I suggested he go get ready first and then we see what time we had left - a good idea because Nute (like me) is perpetually late. So he came over about 5:30 - dinner is at 6:00.

Rach got home and we were still awaiting the bridesmaids (well, 2 - Melissa couldn't make it until Friday). Rach made a call or two, I took over from there. Rach drove over with some things and I would shortly follow. Nute and Dom were happy they were there because they aren't late if they are with the groom. And we were off.

Rachael works at Linwoods)(Due - the restaurant the rehearsal dinner was held. They treated us very well. Very well. The food was phenomenal, and the company was better. The planning was over. Nothing left to do but sit and let things happen. Yeah, right.

Later in the evening, as things were winding down, I had the opportunity to play the DVD that I made many months ago. I get a little choked up every time I watch it, simply because it makes me think about how happy I am with her. I am a big softy when it comes to her. Anyway, after that - Rach disappeared for a few moments and brought in my wedding present... a new Taylor Acoustic guitar. Wow. I can't imagine the look on my face when I opened that case. I hear it was priceless. It sounded phenomenal. I was ready to practice at that point.

That was pretty much the end of the night, and Nute and I did want to try to practice a little before calling it a night. So we went back to my place. Rachael and her bridesmaids stopped by as well. They stayed for a few and then went to the Hilton. Nute and I played, until 12:00am... I'm pretty sure I felt banging underneath my feet from our downstairs neighbor. That was our queue to stop. We discussed whether or not we were golfing the following day. I then drove to the AmeriSuites, where I was staying with my mom that night. She had fallen asleep. I knocked on the door... nothing. I called her cell phone... I could hear it ring through the door.... nothing. I knocked harder and called a few more times... nothing. Before I resigned myself to sleeping in my car for the night - I gave the door a good kick. Finally, that woke her.

We talked for a minute, and I went to bed.

No comments: