Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Can I get a "hoo ha?"

I'm a geek

Yep. It finally happened. I made a joke the other day about computer terminology. I can't even remember the exact joke, but I know it had something to do with a hard drive and the storage space on it. Immediately after I said it I had a moment of introspection where I realized; I am a nerd.

Have you seen the commercial for "The Owl?" It's a magnifying device that is about the size of a credit card for people with bad sight. It even has a little light on one side. The commercial shows people using it for phone books and menus... Well, in it a guy says "now people won't make fun of me for not being able to see." Uh-huh. People won't make fun of you for pulling out this goofy gadget to see? Why not just get glasses? I mean, really. Is it so horrible to wear glasses - or even contacts - that someone would be willing to use this stupid device?

How bad of an idea is "Tommy Lee Goes to College"? This guy is like, 50... okay 40's. I just don't think anyone interested in watching a show where the guy needs an adjective in front of his name for people to know who he is; "Rocker Tommy Lee."

For a guy who religiously watched the "Dukes of Hazzard" when he was a young buck, I have zero desire to watch neither the movie remake, nor the reruns of the TV show.

I reiterate my argument for "Mega M&M's" as I did for the mini's. There's no need for them. The megas are bigger, but they are still small. They say "More Chocolate!" But a 16 oz. bag is a 16 oz. bag not matter the size of the candy. So - no point.

The fact that cartoon characters rarely - if ever - change clothes never really bothered me.

There are certain movies I won't watch on regular TV. Anything by Kevin Smith, Pule Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, South Park and any movie where drugs plays a large part of the humor. It's just not worth it to have the swearing bleeped out and the drugs taken out... then the behavior seems more ridiculous.

I love online banking. It makes things so much easier.

Can I get a "Hoo Ha" two times Tuesday?

No comments: