Thursday, August 25, 2005

Shorts

It doesn't bother me that cartoon characters rarely change clothes.
----------------------

On Aug 12th, I opened up iTunes and decided I would listen to every single song I had. So I would play it while I was in my office working. Pause it when I left, but essentially it's playing for at least 6 hours a day. As of today (Aug 24th), I am maybe about 33% of the way through. I have a lot of freakin' music.
---------------------

I love my mother - but today my brother was IMing her about his cat and playfully made a statement that his cat had opposable thumbs (which, of course, he does not). To which my mom replied - what is that? . . . .i thought it was posable thumbs?

So then it starts
Adam says - posable, like modeling?
Jill: yes(?) . .. what are opposable?

All the while, Adam is copying these and IMing me so I can share in the fun.
So I said: she can't decipher "oppose" from that?
Adam says to me: i dont know. i dont even know how to respond

So I sent her the definition:
opposable - adjective (Zoology) 1. (of the thumb of a primate) capable of moving toward and touching the other digits on the same hand.

Then she asks me: how are you getting my im's to adam about posable thumbs?

That's my mom.
-----------------------------
It's 82 degrees outside, I'm in shorts and I have to wear a fleece in my office to stay warm.

No comments: