Tuesday, August 09, 2005

National Holiday

Today is the day that officially marks the return of football.

It's not reporting to training camp (Aug. 1st). It's not the first preseason game. It's not even the Hall of Fame induction or the Hall of Fame Game (first Monday night game). It is the release of the latest Madden football video game from EA Sports.

Any sports gamer marks this day on their calendar, and waits. Some even feel it should be a national holiday. A time for people - Madden Gamers - to have a day off work and organize their franchise for the upcoming season. These is a little setup that you need. A little time to explore new features.

So, I may wait until the end of the week to get this gem. Otherwise, I would be up all night tonight and not make me too productive tomorrow. I need to have the proper allotment of time to devote to it.

On the other hand, it IS Madden. And it IS Madden-Day. So, I will wrestle a little further today.

By the way, I am 30.

No comments: