Monday, August 22, 2005

grrrrrrrrrrr

Wow, did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Maybe it's because yesterday, I took a nap (which I rarely do) and then had a hard time sleeping last night - not getting to sleep well past 1:00am. Then I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning to help one of my trainers get ready for an 8:00 class.

Then I had to deal with my office nemesis... that's right - the copying machine. Every time I use it, I feel like Michael Bolton in "Office Space," and the fax machine (if you haven't seen the movie - go rent it. It's a classic). It just frustrating, but at the same time, there is not a thing you can do about it. Nothing. I mean the first copy I tried to make the thing literally started spewing the original pages into the air (I think some went behind the copier itself - hope they did need those pages).

The thing is old, and worn. For some reason it has numerous paper jams. Sometimes, it tells you there's a paper jam, when there is not one. My favorite - it doesn't collate automatically... so if you forget to press a button, then you end up with 200 pages of un-collated material.

So dealing with that first thing this morning has left me in a cranky mood.

No comments: